All of us go through periods when we need or have to reflect on where we are and what we want to do next. For some it's simply a question of finding a stepping stone that takes them in the direction of a career goal that's already well defined and shaped.
For others the issues are more complex and less clear:
- Elements that used to give us the greatest personal satisfaction are now missing or have changed
- We find ourselves in a role that does not appear to bridge to where we ultimately want to be
- The culture of our current paymaster is incongruent with our own values
- Following the trajectory we are on inspires us less and less
- The future with our present employer is very uncertain and it would help to have a Plan B
Sitting down with someone who understands these tensions and who knows the right questions to ask can be a brilliant way of getting some clarity around your thinking. Unravelling what you really think and identifying the dilemmas that need to be resolved is what we help people do. If any of this resonates with you ring Jon Lawton on 01452 731200 for a no obligation discussion about how we may be able to help.